I am an experienced solicitor specialising in Property Litigation having trained at Battens and returned to Battens in 2018 following a stint working in London and the home counties.
My experience includes: unopposed and opposed business tenancy renewal claims, trespass, possession claims, adverse possession claims, forfeiture and relief from forfeiture, dilapidations, nuisance, landlord and tenant insolvency, and commercial landlord and tenant disputes.
- Advising a developer to negate restrictive covenants on development;
- Advising high street lenders on pursuing valuer for professional negligence claim based on over-valuation of a property;
- Advising both guarantor and landlords on tenant insolvency to recover possession and to obtain overriding leases;
- Advising developer on construction of a leisure development;
- Advising housing developer on adjudication in overage dispute;
- Advising commercial landlord and tenants on break clauses and effective voluntary possession;
- Advising FTSE 100 company on nuisance and breach of landlord’s obligations;
- Advising on ground-breaking high court claim on forfeiture.
I also have experience of and deal with Special Educational Needs and tribunal claims for the provision of Education, Health and Care Plans.
I am a council member for Bristol Law Society and the Bath representative as well as being a member of the Property Litigation Association.
"Whenever I have needed advice or assistance it has been highly efficient with friendly and helpful staff."