Battens Charitable Trust
About the Charitable Trust
"Battens Solicitors' Charitable Trust has Donated in Excess of £40,000 to Local Causes in 2017"
The Battens Charitable Trust was set up in 1985 to enable grants to be made to registered charities and for charitable purposes in Somerset, Dorset and adjoining counties.
The trust is administered free of charge by Battens Solicitors so that more of the money can be used to support local causes.
Over the years, we have helped many worthwhile causes. In the last five years, we have provided more than £250,000 to support local charities and charitable causes. Beneficiaries have been as diverse as local schools, youth organisations, hospitals and hospices, wildlife and animal rescue organisations, disability groups and the arts.
Some of the charities and organisations we have helped:
- St Margaret's Hospice, Joseph Weldmar and Julia's House Children's Hospice, funding nurses and carers for those with life-limiting conditions
- Dorset Schools, providing road safety lessons to school children through a Streetwise campaign
- Yeovil Hospital and Yeatman Hospital
- Sherborne, Dorchester, Weymouth, Bridport and South Somerset Citizens Advice Bureaux, helping staff and volunteers provide advice and support to their clients
- Dorset Wildlife Trust, supporting its educational activities and conserving wildlife in the area.
How To Donate
If you would like to support the Battens Charitable Trust, some people choose to make a legacy in their will, while others prefer to make regular or one-off donations.
If you wish to leave a legacy to the Charitable Trust within your will, please contact the Wills and Trusts Team in any of our offices, who will be happy to discuss your requirements in further detail click here. We may be able to offer the preparation of the will, free of charge, under our free will scheme.
If you would prefer to make regular donations, or even a one-off contribution, then please contact Jodie Appleby by emailing email@example.com or by calling or writing to one of our offices.
If you wish to apply for a grant, please note that we can only receive applications in writing. These should be addressed to Jodie Appleby at our Yeovil office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click below to view our Charitable Trust Flyer:
- Battens Charitable Trust
- BCT Latest News