Battens’ Client Care Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. As well as helping us deal with your complaint as quickly as possible, this will also help us to improve our overall standard of client care.
Battens’ Client Care Procedure
Should there be any aspect of our service, including our bill which you are unhappy about and which you feel unable to resolve with the person or persons dealing with your matter, please contact our Chairman, Mr David Stephens at our Yeovil office (Mansion House, Princes Street, Yeovil, BA20 1EP)
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and if necessary asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within seven working days of us receiving your complaint
- We will not charge you for handling your complaint
- We will record your complaint in our central register
- We will then start to investigate your complaint
- We will ask the member of staff who acted for you and/or their team leader to comment on your complaint within seven working days
- We will then examine those comments and the information in your file. If we feel more details are required from the appropriate person we may then ask them for more information, which may result in a further delay of up to five working days
- We will in any event within three weeks of receiving your complaint provide a detailed written response which seeks to resolve the issues. Alternatively if meeting in person is considered more appropriate, we will suggest a mutually convenient meeting to discuss the matters further
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. We will consider any additional comments you may wish to make and would endeavour to respond within ten working days
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman contact details are:
PO Box 15870