GP Negligence Claims
GPs are very often the first point of contact for patients who need to seek medical advice.
They provide a pivotal role in the National Health Service, dealing with more minor ailments than hospitals, and also being able to identify when the problem is more serious and a referral to a hospital is needed.
Sometimes GPs make mistakes in their assessment and treatment. This can result in terrible outcomes for patients.
Types of GP negligence include:
- Failing to refer a patient for cancer investigations
- Failure or refusal to examine patients or to make home visits
- Failure to diagnose meningitis
- Failure to diagnose chronic cardiovascular problems including deep vein thrombosis
- Prescribing the wrong medication (misprescription)
At Battens, we have experience in pursuing claims against GPs.
If you are concerned that the care or treatment at your GP Surgery was negligent and that you have suffered illness or injury as a direct result of actions or failures by your GP, call Victoria Knight on 01935 846131 for a free consultation. Your discussion will be confidential and dealt with sympathetically. You can also contact us via email and Victoria will call you back.