Website Visitor Privacy Notice
This privacy notice sets out:
- what data we collect from you
- how we use it
- why we need it
- who we share it with
- how long we keep it for
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All personal identifiable information about you that either you provide to us, or is given to us from a third party, will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18/05/2018.
Who does this notice apply to?
This notice applies to any person who accesses this website.
What data do we collect?
- Data you type into any Enquiry forms – your name, address, contact details and specific details related to your enquiry
Data you enter into Booking forms – your name, job title, employer's name, address, and contact details
- Data you enter into Newsletter Sign Up forms – your name, email address, and areas of our business you are interested in hearing about
What do we do with the information and why do we need it?
- If your web browser is configured to accept cookies on our website, your data is processed by Google Analytics. Please see our Cookies Policy. We use the anonymous website usage data to improve our website and the services we offer
- Information you submit on our website is used for the purposes of replying to your enquiry and to provide our services to you
- We may also use the details of your enquiry for analytical purposes, to improve the services we offer and better understand our clients’ needs
- If you specifically opt-in to receive news and updates via email when you submit enquiries or bookings via our website, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
Who has access to the data?
- The anonymous website usage data is only available to the Directors, Team Leaders, Marketing and IT Departments of Battens Solicitors Limited
- Data you enter into forms on the website is available to our staff
- If you consent to receive our email newsletters your data will be shared with our email service provider for the purpose of send electronic newsletters and invites to events we are either involved in or organising
How long do we keep it for?
- Anonymous statistical website data is kept indefinitely. You cannot be identified from this data and it poses no risk to you
- Enquiries are kept for a period of 12 months for the purposes of responding to your enquiry and following up to provide you with our services
- If after 12 months your enquiry has not lead to us providing a service to you, the data is anonymised and poses no risk to you
- If you opt-in to our newsletter, we will keep your name and email address until you unsubscribe. If you unsubscribe your email address may be added to a suppression list to prevent us marketing to you in future
Please email email@example.com