This privacy notice sets out:
- what data we collect from you
- how we use it
- why we need it
- who we share it with
- how long we keep it for
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All personal identifiable information about you that either you provide to us, or is given to us from a third party, will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30/05/2018.
Who does this notice apply to?
This notice applies to any person who submits an application for a position of employment with Battens Solicitors, whether the position is for an employee, trainee, locum, work experience or intern.
This notice will also apply to any person whose details we receive from recruitment agents or other third parties trying to find them employment
What data do we collect?
- Any information you type into the application form on this website, such as your name, address, contact details, education, qualifications, and employment history
- The covering letter and CV that you upload to this website
- Any application forms, letters, and CVs that we receive by any communication methods, either directly from you or through a third party, such as a recruitment agency, school teacher, college tutor, current employer, or your friends and family
- Any communications you send us concerning your application or your search for employment at Battens
What do we do with the information and why do we need it?
- We only use the information you provide for the purposes of assessing your application and communicating with you regarding your application and any other suitable job vacancies
Who has access to the data?
- The data is available to members of staff involved in the recruitment process. This will include HR, Directors and the relevant department leaders
How long do we keep it for?
- We will keep applications, CVs and other communication from applicants for 6 months, at which point it will be deleted or destroyed
- If your application is successful and you accept an offer of employment, your data will be reused as per our Employee Privacy Notice, which you will be given before your employment starts
- You can withdraw your application and ask us to delete all of your information by contacting us
Please email David Polson, our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 28/11/2019