Service Providers and Suppliers Privacy Notice
This privacy notice sets out:
- what data we collect from you
- how we use it
- why we need it
- who we share it with
- how long we keep it for
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All personal identifiable information about you that either you provide to us, or is given to us from a third party, will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 05/06/2018.
If you use our website or visit one of our offices or events, please see the appropriate additional Privacy Notices. We may market our services to you in accordance with our Marketing Privacy Notice.
Who does this notice apply to?
This notice applies to any sole trader, partner, director or employee of a company who offers goods and services that are of interest to us, or to our clients in relation to the work we are doing for them; From office stationary suppliers who sell us pens and paper, to expert witnesses who give evidence in our clients' litigation cases.
What data do we collect?
- Primarily we may collect contact details from publicly available sources; websites, marketing material you or your company have produced, telephone directories etc.
- We may be given your contact details by third parties in the form of a recommendation or referral
- Any communications between us concerning the products or services you offer
- In the course of doing business we will acquire quotes, invoices and payment details from you
What do we do with the information and why do we need it?
- We use the information we hold about you in order to contact you regarding your goods or services. We may ask for quotes, place orders or make general business enquiries
- We may review the information we hold about you, including feedback we receive from our staff and clients, before placing orders to ensure we get the best result and value for ourselves and our clients
- Financial details are only used to make payments to you
Who has access to the data?
- Your contact details and correspondence is available to our staff
- If you provide goods or services as part of work we are doing for our clients, we will share your data with the client and other third parties involved in the case as necessary
- Your financial details are available to our Finance Department and are stored on our accounting system. These will be shared with our bank in order to make payments to you
How long do we keep it for?
- We will keep your contact details indefinitely or until we find them to be out of date or no longer of use
- If you request us to do so, we will destroy your information, providing we do not need it for one of the reasons below
- If we do business, details of that transaction, including quotes, invoices, communications will be held for up to 6 years
- If you provide goods or services as part of work we are doing for our clients, your details may be stored as part of that case for 6 years after the case is finished, or, if the client is a child, until that child reaches the age of 24
Please email email@example.com
Last Updated: 17/07/2018