Non-Client Privacy Notice
This privacy notice sets out:
- what data we collect from you
- how we use it
- why we need it
- who we share it with
- how long we keep it for
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All personal identifiable information about you that either you provide to us, or is given to us from a third party, will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31/05/2018.
Who does this notice apply to?
This notice applies to individuals who are not our clients but are involved in the work that we do for our clients.
This notice also includes the Directors, Partners, Owners and other personnel of businesses who are involved in the work we do for our clients.
What data do we collect?
- Information about you, given to us from our clients or other third-parties, limited to contact information, details relevant to the work we are doing and how you are involved
- Case related information; letters, documents, photographs and other information that someone supplies to our staff relating to the work we are doing
- In cases involving Personal Injury or Medical Negligence we may receive your medical records and reports
- We may take financial information, like bank details or credit and debit card details from you if required
- Telephone calls to or from our offices are recorded
- All forms of communication you use to contact us, including letters, emails, faxes, sms, instant messaging
- We may ask for, and keep copies of, identification documents you can provide
What do we do with the information and why do we need it?
- Your contact details and details about your involvement in the case will be passed on to relevant member of staff, so we can carry out the work we are doing for our clients
- Information you give us relating to the work we are doing for our clients is used for the purposes of providing our service to them and fulfilling our legal obligations and our contract with our client
- Medical and health information is used soley for the purposes of defending or pursuing legal claims
- Financial information is used soley to process any financial transactions necessary to complete the work we are doing
- We may use and store a copy of your identification documentation to verify your identity, protect ourselves and our clients from fraud, and to meet our legal obligations under anti-money laundering regulations and other laws
Who has access to the data?
- All the data we hold relating to the matter is available to our staff
- Some details may be disclosed to third parties where necessary in order to provide our service to our clients
- We may share your data with other organisation where necessary to fulfil our legal obligations to confirm your identity and to abide by anti-money laundering regulations
- In property transactions we may share your information with search providers, lenders, estate agents and other parties where necessary to fulfil our contract with our client
- In litigation matters, including personal injury and medical negligence claims and defences, we may share your information with expert witnesses, the other side’s solicitor or other parties for the purposes of pursuing or defending a legal claim
- At the end of the work, we may store all relevant physical documents and data with an Archive Storage Provider
- All electronic communications may be sent to, and monitored by, third-party security providers to protect us and people we communicate with from viruses and malware
How long do we keep it for?
- All data, documents and communications, including call recordings if neccessary, related to work we do for our clients is stored for the duration of the case plus 6 years
- In matters involving the welfare of children, we keep the data until the child reaches the age of 24
- Electronic communications are held by our third-party security provider for 3 months and then destroyed
- Call recordings that do not relate to the work we do for our clients are stored for 30 days
- We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes
- We will not use your personal data for analytical purposes
Please email email@example.com
Last Updated: 17/07/2018