This privacy notice sets out:
- what data we collect from you
- how we use it
- why we need it
- who we share it with
- how long we keep it for
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All personal identifiable information about you that either you provide to us, or is given to us from a third party, will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21/05/2018.
If you are a past or current client, please also see our Client Privacy Notice.
Who does this notice apply to?
This notice applies to any individual we send our marketing material to, either by post, telephone or by any form of electronic communication, such as emails, fax or SMS.
The data we collect
Your name, address, contact details and details relating to specific areas of our business which you may be interested in.
What do we do with the information and why do we need it?
It is in our legitimate business interest to market our services to our existing, former and prospective clients, including individuals who enquire about using our services.
We may email you relevant sector-specific newsletters or invites to specific events that we are either attending or involved in organising.
We may also use your details to offer our services to you, either by post or telephone.
- If you are a current client we may use your details for these purposes unless you have told us not to
- If you are a past client we may use your details for these purposes for up to 3 years or until you tell us not to
- If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we may use your details to send you newsletters and invites until you withdraw your consent
- We may also obtain some personal details from the other sources, such as public planning permission applications or your employer’s website. We may use these details for limited mail communications and telephone calls that are of a relevant subject matter.
- You can object to any of these activities at any time by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing emails we send you, or by contacting a member of staff. You can also contact our data protection officer directly by writing to our head off address or by emailing email@example.com
Who has access to the data?
Your details are available to staff. If we are sending electronic communications to you, your details are shared with our electronic messaging service providers who manage our subscription lists and send the messages on our behalf.
How long do we keep it for?
Your data is stored and used until you either withdraw your consent or we no longer have a legitimate interest as a reason for keeping in contact with you. If you object to any communications we will hold your details in a suppression list to avoid you being re-subscribed.
We respect your privacy rights and will always honour your objection to receiving marketing material. We will never market to individuals on the Mail Preference Service by mail, or members of the Telephone Preference Service by telephone unless you are a current client and have not opted out.
Please email David Polson, our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 20/11/2019