I am a Solicitor within the Planning Team in our Yeovil office.
I joined Battens in November 2013 as a Legal Secretary working in the Family Department. While undertaking my LPC, I became a Paralegal and I then began my Solicitor’s training contract in September 2017. I qualified as a Solicitor into the Planning Team in March 2019.
Since qualification, I have been involved in a number of public and private planning matters. I have advised on (but not limited to):-
- Section 106 agreements and Unilateral Undertakings;
- Breaches of Planning Conditions and Enforcement;
- Obtaining Lawful Use Certificates;
- Regularising the use of Land;
- Judicial Review and Planning Statutory Review Claims;
- Environmental Proceedings;
- Objecting to Planning Applications and Planning Appeals;
- Planning Appeals for Enforcement Notices and refused planning applications;
- Diversion of Footpaths/Public Rights of Way;
- Designation and Removal of Common Land/Village Greens.
During my spare time I enjoy reading, keeping fit and travelling, and have recently taken up a new hobby of upcycling furniture.
"Laura was so helpful and proactive. Guided me gently through what was stressful situation. Her recommendations proved spot-on. Thank you for being patient with me! I am so grateful."
"Once again your appointed solicitor (Laura Cooke) and other staff have carried out and resolved my case to my entire satisfaction, I hope that I do not require any further help from your firm in the future in the best possible way but if necessary I will not hesitate contacting you for help"
- Services For Individuals
- Compulsory Purchase
- Contaminated Land
- Highways and Infrastructure
- Judicial reviews and complaints to the Local Government Ombudsman
- Planning and Land Use
- Rights of Way and Town and Village Greens