Hospital Negligence Claims
Thousands of patients are seen every week within the huge range of departments at an average district hospital.
A wide range of services are delivered and crucial work is carried out within the various departments, which include: accident and emergency, physiotherapy, radiology and pathology laboratories.
Errors can, however, be made by staff in the hospital, which may affect how treatment proceeds and they can have a devastating effect on a patient's outcome and future health.
Florence Nightingale commented in her book 'Notes on Hospitals':
"The very first requirement in a hospital is that it should do the sick no harm."
- Delayed diagnosis or failure to diagnose cervical cancer (during smear test analysis)
- Failure to correctly interpret and analyse X-rays, scans, MRIs and other radiology
- Failure to make inter-department referrals for treatment
- Failure to properly assess and administer correct therapies
- Misprescription or drug dispensing errors
At Battens, we have experience in dealing with such claims. If you are concerned that the care, treatment or processes at your hospital were negligent, and that you have suffered illness or injury as a result, call Victoria Knight on 01935 846131 for a free consultation. Your discussion will be confidential and dealt with sympathetically. You can also contact us via email and Victoria will call you back.