Corporate Social Responsibility
We recognise that we have a commitment to minimise the impact the business has on the environment. This commitment involves our understanding of the responsibility for the resources we use and the waste we produce. Wherever, possible we incorporate energy efficiency and recycling practices across our business.
At Battens, we encourage and support members of the practice who wish to volunteer their services to the community or to give their time to the community or to good causes in the South West. We do that whether or not that interferes with their working day.
Some of our colleagues have spent their time in these ways:
- Being a trustee of Martock Primary School (for 30 years!)
- As a governor of Thornford Primary School
- Being a trustee and director of the South Somerset Citizens Advice Bureau
- As the chairman of the Somerset Employment and Skills Group
- Being a board member of Somerset College
- As a committee member of Friends of Yeatman Hospital
- Chairing the The Yeovil And District Aid In Sickness Fund
- Fundraising for Dorchester Arts
- Volunteering for Dorchester Ballet and Dance
- Acting pro bono for Community Land Trusts
- Trekking along the Great Wall of China and raising over £3,200 for the Alzheimer's Society
- Running the Paris Marathon and raising over £1,200 for Whizz Kidz.
We will continue to support good works like this and we very much hope that they will help some of the most vulnerable in our region to thrive, especially when things are tough and resources are scarce.
- About Us
- Corporate Social Responsibility